The best tool backpack should be lightweight, have plenty of storage space for many of your tools, have a padded shoulder strap for comfortable carrying, be lockable to protect your tools, be highly adjustable for a comfortable fit, and have zippers, handles, and pockets made to take a beating without failure. Oh yeah, it would be nice if the best tool backpack looked cool with tough coloring or camo.
Our idea of the best tool backpack also has a weatherproof base, so you can set it down without worrying about it, has a tough area to clip on a long measuring tape, and has plenty of pockets to store all the tools you want to carry with you to a job site, up a ladder, and over long distances.
Interested in learning about other tool transport and storage solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Tool Box: Top 5 Best Rated Heavy Duty Portable Tool Boxes
- Electrician Tool Pouch: Top 7 Best Rated Electrician Tool Pouches
- Best Tool Bag: Top 7 Best Rated Multi-Purpose Tool Bags
Construction and materials are important when it comes to a heavy-duty tool backpack. You absolutely need tested weatherproof materials, heavy-duty double stitching, and a comfortable and strong strap.
Not all companies do the testing to make sure their backpacks last as long as you need them. Pick a tool bag that publishes their testing.
We searched tool forums, manufacturer sites, social media, retail sites, consumer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated tool backpacks.
Take a look at our choice and see if this Veto Pro Pac model is the best tool backpack for your needs!
You may not be familiar with Veto Pro Pac, but they make tool bags that offer immediate visual inventory and access to your tools and ergonomic platforms that protect and transport your tools efficiently to and from the job site. Their Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC in Camo backpack tool bag features 46 pockets inside and out including bit extension and memory stick pockets, a quick release handle for easy access to the larger tool bay compartment, a thermo-formed EVA padded back panel that cushions the load and provides structural stability, and a padded, load-displacing shoulder strap system with multiple adjustment points and an ergonomic TPV rubber grip. Use it to store hand tools, meters, parts boxes, cordless drills and impact drivers, manifold gauges, hoses, cables wires, even a tablet, and more. Designed for professional tradesmen who need to frequently climb ladders or walk long distances this, possibly the best tool backpack enables you to safely and comfortably transport a variety of tools to and around the job site from place to place and level to level.
Best Tool Backpack: Features
- 46-pocket, heavy-duty, camo tool backpack with a tough-looking TrueTimber Kanati camo pattern
- Patented center panel design offers dual bays with two tool storage platforms in each bay centering and stabilizing the backpack
- Padded EVA thermoformed ergonomic back padding
- Whether closed for transport or open for quick access, the unique design will not tip over
- Innovative quick-release handle allows easy access to the larger tool bay compartment while reducing strain on the shoulder straps
- Padded load-displacing shoulder strap system has multiple sliding adjustment strap points and an ergonomic TPV rubber grip
- Over-molded ergonomic grip
- Double-stitched, heavy-duty plastic coil zippers with oversized zipper tabs
- Rugged materials and construction load tested to pull-to-destruction at 830 lbs. for the handle and 200 lbs. for the hook
- Stabilizing 3mm injection-molded, polypropylene, weatherproof base keeps tools dry, even in harsh conditions
- Weatherproof 950 and 1250 PVC-impregnated denier nylon weatherproof body fabric
- Heavy-duty YKK locking zippers keep out prying eyes and tool borrowers
- Powder coated steel D-rings, a bit extension, and memory stick pockets all are designed to make your life easier
- Quick-release metal hasp allows easy access to rear storage bay and creates a positive shoulder strap load connection
- Internally stored aluminum hook to hang the bag
- Magnetic screw catcher
- Redesigned, outside-mounted, stainless steel measuring tape clip holder
- Redesigned front top pockets for better storage
- Metal shoulder strap sliding buckles
- Marine grade rivets
- Industrial strength double nylon stitching
- 1800 PVC-impregnated denier nylon light gray interior pockets provide better visibility
- Storage system includes 46 interior and exterior tool pockets of various sizes, two storage bays, four storage platforms, a manifold gauge and hose storage pocket, four large and five small D-rings, a mounted stainless steel tape clip holder, and cable and accessory pockets
- Dimensions are 9.875W x 14.25l x 21.5H (18.125 with handle folded down) inches and weighs 9 lbs. empty
- 5-Year limited warranty
- Plenty of storage pockets
- Easy to organize
- Best quality materials and construction
Best Tool Backpack
Did you like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this popular tool backpack? Which tool bag are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
The right tool backpack can make all the difference in your comfort and productivity. Unlike a regular tool bag that you have loaded with all your tools and is sure to eventually hurt you back, a tool backpack distributes the weight more evenly for more comfortable transport. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best tool backpack for your needs!