There are so many advantages to having a compact cordless drill. First, there is portability. A compact cordless drill has no power cord so you can easily move it around your home of the job site without worrying about finding an outlet. Next is the lighter weight. If you work overhead a lot having a lightweight tool will be more comfortable, reduce fatigue, and keep you working longer. Finally, the compact size means you can use your drill for more tasks, even ones in tight spaces where standard cordless drill tools won’t fit.
The most popular compact drills are actually drill drivers that give you the ability to drill along with a built-in multi-position clutch that allows you to effectively drive screws without stripping. A compact cordless drill driver is the perfect all-around tool for use in your home or on the job.
These days, lithium-ion batteries are king and it seems like they are getting more powerful each time I check. A common power for a compact drill driver is 12 volts or 18 volts, but you can get 20-volt models that are more powerful. I use 20V power tools at home and on the job and they have a lot of advantages over lower power models.
Interested in learning about other cordless power tools? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Cordless Jigsaw: Top 5 Best Rated Lithium-Ion Cordless Jigsaws
- Ryobi Combo Kit: Top Rated 18V Ryobi Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
- Bosch Cordless Tools: 6 Top Rated Bosch 2-Tool Combo Kits
- Power Screwdriver: Top 7 Best Rated Portable Lithium Ion Cordless Screwdrivers
- Bosch Combo Kit: Top Rated Bosch 18V 2-Tool Combo Kit
- DCK590L2: Best Rated Most Popular DEWALT 20V 5-Tool Combo Kit
- Milwaukee Combo Kit: Top Rated Milwaukee 18V Li-Ion Compact Tool Combo Kit
- Cordless Sawzall: 7 Top Rated Cordless Reciprocating Saws
- Cordless Ratchet: 3 Top Rated 3/8-Inch Lithium Electric Ratchet Kits
- Craftsman Drill: Money-Saving C3 19.2V Cordless ½-Inch Drill Impact Driver Combo Kit
New technology has made the 20-volt lithium-ion batteries more compact, lightweight, and longer lasting than their predecessors. I can count on my 20-volt lithium-ion system to provide long, fade-free power that seems to go on and on. While it’s also true that 20-volt power tools are more expensive, the additional features, lighter weight, greater power, compact size, and longer operating times makes them worth it to me.
If you’re really looking for just a compact cordless drill driver and are not considering other tools, make sure you buy a kit. Kits save you money and come with a handy, protective carrying case or bag. Many electric drill kits usually come with a battery charger and at least one battery that if you bought them separately, would cost much more. Some power drill kits even come with two batteries (highly recommended) that allow you to work longer by swapping batteries.
We searched tool forums, handyman forums, customer review sites, manufacturer sites, social media sites, retail sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated compact cordless drill driver kit.
Take a look at our choice and see if this DEWALT drill/driver is the best cordless drill driver kit for your needs!
With a powerful brushless motor that delivers up to 57% more run time than brushed models and XR Li-Ion batteries that have 33% more capacity than standard battery packs, the DEWALT DCD791D2 20V MAX XR Li-Ion ½-Inch Compact Drill/Driver Kit will keep you working longer at home or on the job site. Compact at only 6.9-inches front to back and lightweight at only 3.4 lbs., you will be able to work longer without fatigue, drill and drive in tighter spaces, and do overhead tasks with ease. You get up to 30% faster applications speeds with its high speed 2-speed transmission and its all-metal ½-inch ratcheting chuck gives it superior bit gripping strength. It even has a 3-mode LED spotlight that’s 20X brighter than its predecessor, has a 20-minute shutoff function, and delivers shadow-free light directly to your work surface for extended work time in dark or confined spaces. Here’s what you need to know.
Compact Cordless Drill Kit Features
- 1/2-inch, compact 20V 2.0 Ah lithium-ion, variable speed drill/driver
- Brushless motor delivers 57% more run time over brushed
- A high-speed transmission with 2-speed settings (0-550/0-2,000 RPM) delivers up to 30% faster application speeds
- XR Li-Ion batteries have an integrated fuel gauge and provide 33% more capacity than standard battery packs
- Compact at 6.9-inches front to back and lightweight at only 3.4 lbs., it will fit in tighter spaces and allow you to work longer with less fatigue
- Ergonomic comfort grip handle provides ideal balance and tool control
- All-metal 1/2″ ratcheting, keyless chuck allows for superior bit gripping strength
- 3-Mode LED spotlight provides up to 20X brighter lighting in dark or confined spaces, delivers shadow-free light directly to your work surface, and has a 20-minute shutoff function
- 3-Year limited warranty, 1-Year free service contract, and 90-Day money-back guarantee
Included in Kit
- 1 – DCD791 20V MAX XR Li-Ion BL Compact Drill/Driver
- 2 – DCB203 XR 2.0Ah Battery Packs
- 1 – 2.0Ah Li-Ion battery charger
- 1 – Kit box
- 1 – Belt hook
Compact Cordless Drill Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these battery powered jigsaws? Which cordless jigsaw are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestToolBrands.com Compact Cordless Drill post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best compact cordless drill for your needs!