An electric cordless ratchet has become one of the handiest cordless tools in a mechanic’s toolbox. No more wasted time manually ratcheting nuts and bolts when you can ratchet them on and off quickly and efficiently with cordless ratchet power.
Whether you’re a professional auto mechanic or a weekend warrior, working on a car or truck is a whole lot easier and more enjoyable with an electric cordless ratchet doing a lot of the work. No matter your line of work or your hobby, nuts, and bolts are everywhere and it takes time and energy to remove and replace them. Why not make one of the most frequent tasks in any job one of the easiest? It only makes sense.
First, it was corded electric ratchets and then finally came battery-operated models, but they lacked power and endurance because of their battery technology.
All that has changed with the introduction of lithium-ion batteries into the mix. Lithium technology is lighter, has more power, charges faster, and lasts longer than ever before. Lithium ratchets are tools you can count on, again and again, to make your work easier and faster with plenty of power for tough jobs and long work times between recharges.
The most popular cordless ratchets are 3/8-inch drive because they can handle most nut and bolt driving and removal tasks. Everything from removing an alternator under the hood, to putting a pulley back on a tractor, to tightening an accessory on your ATV are fair game for a 3/8-inch lithium battery powered electric ratchet.
Interested in learning about other great tools? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Drill Press: Top-Rated 12-Inch Variable Speed Benchtop Drill Press
- Electric Planer: Top 5 Best Rated Electric Handheld Planers
- Cordless Finish Nailer: Top-Rated Cordless 18V 16-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer
- FEIN Power Tools: Top Rated Cordless Oscillating Multi-Tool
- Hammerdrill: 2 Top Rated Hammer Drill Drivers Outperform
- Cordless Drill Driver: Powerful New DEWALT Cordless Drill Driver
- Compact Cordless Drill: Top Rated Compact 20V Drill Driver Kit
- Cordless Jigsaw: Top 5 Best Rated Lithium-Ion Cordless Jigsaws
- Ryobi Combo Kit: Top Rated 18V Ryobi Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
- Bosch Cordless Tools: 6 Top Rated Bosch 2-Tool Combo Kits
- Power Screwdriver: Top 7 Best Rated Portable Lithium Ion Cordless Screwdrivers
- Cordless Sawzall: 7 Top Rated Cordless Reciprocating Saws
- Craftsman Drill: Money-Saving C3 19.2V Cordless ½-Inch Drill Impact Driver Combo Kit
- Electrician Tool Kit: 5 Top Rated Professional Tool Kits
You could buy a cordless ratchet by itself, but of course, you need at least one battery and one battery charger for the tool to operate. With that in mind, the smart way to buy is to purchase the tool in a kit. Kits usually come with a lithium battery charger, two compatible lithium batteries and sometimes even a protective carrying case.
Plus, you usually save a lot of money over buying the components of a kit separately and there’s nothing wrong with saving money on tools. My son Andrew just took a new job that required him to buy some of his own tools and I had to help him out because they were so expensive. Buying them in kits saved money and allowed him to get some bonus tools that have really helped him out on the job.
We searched forums, retail sites, consumer sites, social media sites, manufacturer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly-rated cordless ratchets.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these portable ratchets is the best cordless ratchet for your needs!
Ingersoll Rand makes a variety of high-quality tools and the Ingersoll Rand R3130 20V Ratchet is a perfect example. It comes in a kit designated as R3130-K22 that includes a lithium battery charger, two compatible lithium batteries, and a handy protective carrying case. This cordless ratchet is a monster with 54 ft.-lbs. of torque that is ideal for a wide range of applications including engine repair, under-car work, light industrial maintenance, and repair and operations (MRO). It uses the Ingersoll Rand IQV20 series power sources which deliver the kind of power you might expect from an air ratchet. Its ergonomic handle with comfort grip lets you reach bolts like an air ratchet and in conjunction with its variable speed trigger keeps you in complete control at all times. A durable ratchet head from air-powered ratchets, all-metal gear train, impact-resistant metal and composite construction, and ultra-strong reinforced handle all contribute to the durability and long life of this power ratchet. Here’s what you need to know about this cordless ratchet wrench.
Cordless Ratchet: Features
- 3/8-inch 20V lithium-ion cordless ratchet with extended-life IQV20 Series lithium-ion battery power
- Compact and durable motor delivers optimal performance and long life with 54 ft.-lbs. of torque perfect for a wide range of applications with power closer to what you might expect from an air tool
- Patent-pending metal and composite construction makes this cordless ratchet strong, lightweight, durable, and impact resistant
- Ergonomic handle, with its patent-pending comfort grip, offers the same reach as an air ratchet and its unique ultra-slim design provides easy access in tight spots
- Ultra-strong reinforced handle is engineered to withstand the forces of manual ratcheting and bolt breakaway even on the toughest bolts
- Uses the same durable ratchet head as their air-powered ratchets and has an all-metal gear train for long life
- Variable-speed trigger offers maximum control
- 1 – IQV20 Series 20V lithium-ion battery charger
- 2 – IQV20 Series 20V lithium-ion 1.5 Ah batteries
- 1 – Protective blow-molded carrying case
Ergonomically designed for mechanics who need to work in tight spaces, the ACDelco ARW1201 12V Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Ratchet Wrench is the most powerful tool available in its class with 57 ft.-lbs. of torque. Its durable aluminum gearbox housing is lightweight and strong and its soft, anti-slip grip reduces fatigue. It features variable speed with reversible control and an electric brake switch. It comes in a handy kit that comes with a 12V quick charger, two compatible 12V lithium-ion battery packs, and a handy carrying case. Here’s what you need to know about this ratchet tool.
- 12V lithium-ion powered 3/8-inch square drive electric ratchet wrench with 57 ft.-lbs. of torque and 0-168 RPM speed to tackle the toughest jobs
- This is the most powerful tool available in its class
- Durable and lightweight aluminum gearbox housing
- Designed for mechanics to work in tight spaces
- Variable speed with forward/reverse lever and electric brake switch
- Ergonomic anti-slip grip reduces fatigue
- Weighs in at 2.64 lbs.
- 1 – ADC12US40-15 12V lithium-ion Intelligent Quick Charger
- 2 – AB1242L 12V 1.5 Ah lithium-ion battery packs
- 1 – Carrying case
The Milwaukee 2457-20 M12 3/8-Inch Lithium Ion Ratchet is one of the most popular and highly-rated electric ratchets available. It produces plenty of power and speed from its M12 REDLITHIUM battery with up to 35 ft.-lbs. of torque and 250 RPM. That’s the kind of performance auto mechanics and maintenance and repair (MRO) professionals need to tackle the tough jobs. It’s compact enough to be tool-belt portable and has a ¾-inch low-profile head for work in the tightest spaces and engine bays. The housing is made of reinforced steel so you know it’s built to last. Long warranties on tool and batteries give you peace of mind and this Milwaukee tool has a long one. A unique onboard fuel gauge prevents surprises by keeping you informed of battery power status. Here’s what you need to know about this power ratchet.
- 12V 3/8-inch lithium-ion cordless ratchet with 35 ft.-lbs. of torque and 250 RPM
- Powered by the M12 REDLITHIUM Series power sources that deliver more work per charge and more work over the life of the battery pack
- At just 10-3/4 inches long and only 1.9 lbs., it’s belt-portable and features a ¾-inch low-profile head for work in the tightest spaces and engine bays
- A variable-speed metal trigger provides maximum control
- Reinforced steel housing is built to last
- Handy onboard fuel gauge helps you monitor battery status so you’re never caught with a dead tool
- Optimized performance and overload protection is provided by total system communication between tool, battery, and charger
- Built-in LED light makes it easier to operate in low-light conditions
- 5-Year limited tool warranty and 2-Year limited battery warranty
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this combo kit? Which drill driver are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestToolBrands.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best cordless ratchet for your needs!